October 19, 2011

chattanooga



It’s been settled.  The hubs and I are moving to Chattanooga…someday.  We went to celebrate our friends wedding and discovered that we both adore this little gem of a city.  Chattanooga offers up everything we love, plenty of outdoor activity from running spaces, kayaking and biking, water views, and loads of eateries, art, shopping and tucked away neighborhoods to explore. If we could, I think we’d pack up tomorrow and move. 

For now we’ll just enjoy planning another weekend getaway in the near future. We arrived on Friday evening and took a stroll downtown, with time to kill before dinner we headed over to The Meeting  Place for appetizers and cocktails. Two words here...duck wings.  Probably the best appetizer me or the hubs have ever enjoyed, they were so good we ordered a second plate after slamming down the first round in 2 minutes flat.  They were crispy without being greasy, the flavor of the meat was subtle and the spicy sauce on them made you crave more.  Ah-maz-ing.  

After a couple of beverages, we walked a few blocks over to Alleia for dinner.  Alleia is housed in an old building with brick walls, huge expansive ceilings and concrete floors.  I liked how they took an industrial space and warmed it up with natural elements.  Huge wooden lamp shades hanging over the communal table, reclaimed wood tables, candle wax dripping display.  It was warm and cozy, we each had a glass of pinot noir and shared muscles, pear salad and a pizza.  Full and happy we walked back to the hotel to meet our friends for catching up.




Saturday morning was a perfect fall day, we started with coffee and then later went out for a run.  We may just be oddballs but every city we go to we like to run the neighborhoods, get some exercise and check out the city from another perspective. Then it was up to Signal Mountain to take in the view, up on the mountain we found a festival and stopped to check out the offerings.  I found this miniature planted landscape (pictured above) and fell in love with it.  The fruit and veggie displays were calling my name as well.  Later we headed to Urban Stack Burger for lunch, hubby had a meaty burger of sorts and I had a homemade veggie burger with pickled beets, both were delish.  We sat outside and enjoyed the cool air before heading to the wedding for more fun and finally at 2am we called it a night.  Wish we could have stayed longer!








3 comments:

  1. I love these photos! This makes me want to go back to Chattanooga now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the adorable little planter. I couldn't find out if it was real or not. I'm going to "pin it" and maybe try to recreate something similar for the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tribs, the planter was real! It was incredible, I tried to search it out online as well. I'm not sure where you can get one of those but let me know if you have luck making your own and share pics. I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete